Friday, January 26, 2018

An open letter to the Alex to my Rosie


I don't know if it is right to call you my "the one that got away", because the one that got away is defined as an ex who you could've and should've ended up with but didn't and the sad thing is, you're not my ex and there was never an us but I am pretty sure that you are the Alex To My Rosie (check Love, Rosie).

 You were the only person that I always run to whenever life gets tough. Your ears were always ready to listen to my never-ending dramas, your hands were always there to guide me, your shoulders were always prepared for me to lean on or even punch to release the pain I've felt inside, your arms were always wide open to give me comfort. And up until now, I still wonder how you've managed to tolerate me knowing that I am only a friend.


We've been through our ups and downs -- time, distance and even your failed relationships tested our friendship. When you had your relationship with one of our close friends, I was happy for you like really, but what caused me pain was that she prohibited you to see me or even talk to me but, still I respected her and her rules knowing that you were happy with her.

I never heard anything from you that time and I was okay with it because I saw how in love and inseparable you were. So, I accepted the fact that my role as a friend has ended and that you no longer need me.

Your relationship ended and you came back. I remember the time when you got down on your knees in public just to ask for my forgiveness even if you didn't have to and I told myself, "how crazy this guy is, humiliating himself just to ask for my forgiveness" because again, I'm just a friend.

Things got back the way they used to be -- texting and chatting nonstop, seeing each other more often, watching movies, walking me home and bringing me food. I was happy knowing that you were back to spoil me and keep up with me.

I was not in a relationship, but I've received "I love you" messages from you every night before I go to sleep and every morning before I start my day. And that, for me was enough knowing that I was loved irrevocably.

And then you left, left for good but what we had continued, thanks to Social Media and world wide web. We wouldn't last a day without saying "hi, how are you?" and there was never a day that I would not received I love you message from you and telling me how awesome I am.

Everything was perfect though we're million miles away. No labels needed but what we had was one of the most beautiful moments in my existence, no buts and ifs, just purely bliss and contentment. To be loved by you was enchanting and I will be forever grateful.

Now that we have our separate lives -- you with someone else and me with the person I love,  I'd like to thank you -  thank you for checking up on me every now and then, just to make sure that I am always fine, thank you for making me feel beautiful and worth loving most especially on my most insecure days, thank you for taking very good care of me like I am the most valuable person on Earth, thank you for always being there when I had no one, thank you for spoiling me like a bratty little girl, thank you for teaching me that love is not selfish and love is not all about being together but it's more on caring about each other, thank you for giving the love of my life your blessing, and most of all thank you for loving me unconditionally though you're not obliged to.

Wishing you all the best things in life because you deserve it. Know that I am always here for you even if you don't want to. I love you and you will always be special to me.



Love, 
Maria ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment